Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What the hell am I doing?

You could be forgiven for wondering. If, that is, you're still interested in the confused mutterings of moi. My head has been absolutely rammed with future possibilities and things to do of late, and I have not been keeping you lot in the loop nearly enough. Although that's probably for the best, because if I'd been keeping you up to date, you would have been party to a particularly irritating and dizzying bout of ping ponging between one resolution and the next. So here we are. And here's what I've been doing. First, I have decided to proceed with my mission to New York at the end of April, just after visiting Hawaii, as originally planned. That all happens approximately seven weeks from now. Holy crap. Second, the mixing and mastering of my track got delayed again, due to my engineer going on a trip to Texas. He'll be back next week though, so all should start moving again soon. I have also finally made contact with my favourite photographer, and we've been discussing concepts. All I really need to do there is set a date. So I'll do that. Third, I have sent my book proposal to an agent and another publisher, neither of which have acknowledged me in any way, shape or form. I followed up with my other publishing lead but haven't heard anything there either. Which might be a bummer, except that I've got far too much other stuff keeping me busy with my quite enormous New York City mission. And that's the beauty of being slightly scattered. If one lead goes a little limp for a time, there's a good chance another one will be sparking. Over the last maybe three weeks or so too, I've been a little free with my alcohol consumption, which I blame entirely (or at least a bit) for my extended attack of indecision. This week I've cut the silly stuff right out, and what do you know, everything suddenly seems clear, manageable and great. And so, on we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment