Monday, November 8, 2010

Where am I at?

You'll have to forgive me. I don't know where my head's been the last few days. Maybe I was half pissed. If you've been snooping around these parts at all, you may have noticed I've been messing around with stuff, changing my blog name, fiddling with my fonts and all manner of other shit. Truth be told, this whole getting back on alcohol thing has been messing with my head a little. Where as before I was in a nice little world of ordered certainty ("What's the one thing I will do today for sure? Not drink!"), now I am in a freestyling wild west where anything goes. Anyway, after splashing cold water in my face and slapping myself a couple of times, I think I have come to my senses. "What happened next" is gone (my old extremely lame blog title). It was never gonna work. "No more pissing around" has arrived; the true next step after My Year Off The Piss. Because you see, I realised that last year (you'll notice I've developed my own new calender year that starts and ends in November. Confused? Read My Year Off The Piss.), when I was meant to be focusing on making music, I was mainly focusing on keeping off alcohol. And I think that was a necessary step to take before further progress could be made. But what I discovered is, alcohol's pretty stupid. It certainly doesn't warrant being focused on anymore. But before we move on, let's establish how I feel about alcohol after My Year Off The Piss. Alcohol is a waste of time. Sometimes it's okay and fun to do a little time-wasting, but if you've got somewhere to get to, and you don't have all the time in the world, it's a good idea to cut the time-wasters from your life. So yeah, I don't expect I'll be spending a lot of happy hours with my buddy booze over the next however long. On holiday, sure. Any time I need to stop and truly take a break, yeah maybe. When it's time to celebrate some freaking cool thing I've done, damn straight I'll pop a cork. But I'm not going to slow myself down with alcohol just because it makes other people feel more comfortable. I've got too much stuff to get done for that. What stuff? A book to get published, a music career to launch, and a little place known as New York City to make my own. For those who think it all sounds impossible, I suggest they pour themselves a glass of wine and go watch TV. For those who like to think otherwise, I hope you will come with me as I walk the path to making this stuff happen. And to the readers of my previous blog who fear they've lost me down alcohol alley, no way gang. I'm just going to try to think and talk about it a little less of the time, and focus more on the cool stuff I can get done in my happy sober zone. So are you ready to rock 'n' roll? I hope so. Cos that sir, is right where I'm at.

2 comments:

  1. NYC and you are a killer combo. Am looking forward to your post in a year's time from fab digs in Manhattan with your tunes playing on the radio in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging your vision. Thanks chick.

    ReplyDelete