Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I have a sublet and a website.

Now all I need is a job. Yes, you'll notice I have now banished all doubt as to going or not going to NYC. It's frickin' happening, and I have a place to live to prove it. Said sublet is in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, and will be mine for the first month I'm in New York. Awesome. That gives me a base from which to work my shit out. I am significantly excited. In other news, my website is now up and running, although every time I go to look at the portfolio bit of it, and imagine a New York Creative Director sizing me up based on it, I freak out and see things I need to change. It's okay. I'm getting there. High fives to Niccola for doing the hard yards on that one. I have also been busy trying to finalise things with my track, and arrange a photographer to do some photos for me. So far my favourite guy isn't answering my emails, but there's every chance he's just out surfing. I will hit him up again. The track needs a little remixing and then mastering as planned. Everything always takes a little longer than you expect with these things, but that's all cool. You will also be pleased to hear I have kicked my Christmas chocolate habit, and have been doing all sorts of awesome exercise - including swimming lengths, running, biking and my beloved yoga. And did I mention my little brother became a father for the very first time about two weeks ago? Welcome to (the totally cool and cute) Alexander David Falloon. Do I sound scattered? I kind of am. In a good way. There's a lot to get done. So what next? Well, as I started perusing Hawaiian hotels, and totting up the next round of flights, computers, slick cabin luggage and wedding presents I will need to purchase, it occurred to me some more dollops of cash wouldn't go astray. So this weekend I will be looking at ways to liquify my possessions - starting by going through all the designer threads I have hanging around not getting worn, and prepping them for a nice little market stall. The small stuff happens first. The fridges and flat screens will happen later. Oh yeah, and if anyone needs any copy written, I'm your gal.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Claire,
    It may sound like a plug but thought I would just mention - If you end up still needing a photographer you could always check out my sister and her partner.
    If you are interested I am sure they will be happy to help you out http://www.transitloungephotography.com.au/
    Cheers,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete