Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Progress?

Inch, inch, inch. It seems to take monsters of time and effort to get even the tiniest bit of reportable progress in the bag. But here's where I am right now. My tickets to NYC are booked. My deposit on my sublet apartment is paid. I have sold various household items and the rest are sitting online trying to get noticed. I'm still not 100% sure where I'm staying in Hawaii, but I've got options. Oh and I have officially resigned from my job and put my notice in to my landlord. Very soon I will be a decidedly free-wheeling girl. Which actually, come to think of it, is an insanely exciting and liberating thought. I've been so frickin stressed and busy doing stuff, I hadn't actually stopped to appreciate that until this very second. So I guess that makes me feel better. The yoga challenge I'm still very much in the midst of, surprisingly or not, is doing my head in at the moment. It's been really humid in Sydney over the last week or so, and that's made the yoga room nothing short of infuriating to be in. Not the usual vibe you seek from your yoga practice. Or maybe it's just that I've hit the angry phase. I've had that before. Somewhere in the middle of being calm and dedicated and strong of mind, you hit a FUCK THIS IS ANNOYING AND I FRICKIN HATE MY TEACHER AND THAT STUPID BIRD TWEETING IN THE TREE patch. The anger at the teacher and the bird are completely unjustified, but from somewhere (your hamstrings? Your capacious gluteus maximus?) it gushes forth. I probably have to admit that I have a bit of a natural tendency towards anger and a bit of a lightening quick temper. And somewhere in between stretching out various joints and tendons in revoltingly wet heat, I've opened the floodgate to my reservoirs of pissed off. Oh poor world around me. Usually I'd say, when in a mood like the one I've been in today, that I just need to go to yoga and everything will be okay. Not so sure that'll be the case this time. Although I have a funny feeling, as I realised mid-class last night, that the only way out of this yoga puddle is to swim to the other side of the lake. Push through it, try and keep my mouth shut, and drag myself dripping and exhausted out the other side a lighter, happier human. Maybe? In other non-news, my now extremely boring Take The Ride song is STILL unmixed and unmastered. And I'm still waiting on a meeting with another music biz mate to actually eventuate. Things just keep getting pushed out. But I am having some good ideas about how to spend my first bit of time in New York on a musical front, which is something. My feeling at the moment is that the more I can do completely independently of anyone else, the better. Oh yeah, and no-one seems to be interested in publishing my blog as a book, not that I've been pushing that in the slightest. Whatever. Right now I just want to get my shit sold or packed up, move myself overseas and get into a nice little routine of some description. All this crazying around with a million stupid things to do is sending me spare.

2 comments:

  1. ello ello. Good to hear you're still up and doing. How's it going with the sauce? Do you still think it's an impediment to your acomplishments? Do you miss the sobreity pioneer you were a year ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie my friend! Thanks for popping in. The sauce is still a negotiation. I've been managing to keep the benders few and far between, but they do occur from time to time, and when they do they totally impede my ability to accomplish anything whatsoever. I slightly miss being the squeaky clean picture of non-drinking perfection I was, but mainly I think having the freedom to do what I want (and take the consequences that come with it) seems to be working pretty well for me right now.

    ReplyDelete